We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Energy bills, where does it end?

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Constant and often unjustified rises in energy costs effect us all. We are supposed to have monitory bodies to ensure fairness but they do nothing apart from drawing nice big salaries for themselves. My bill was around £2300 which to my mind was ridiculous in the first place now they are saying they will amend my direct debit to what equates to £2500 no explanation given.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Where In live in the country the choice is LPG, Oil, electricity, and Wood burner. for central heating/hot water.

I would say more people are moving to electric heating in my area because of its clean usage.

My choice is oil I pay first and I am in control of the usage.

Once the tank is half or near half empty its re-filled with 500 or 600 liters, the last fill was £382.00 for 600 Liters.

My overall cost for oil last year was £1092, three fill ups of 500 liters

Oil boiler service £150 per year.

Electricity £384 per year.

LPG gas Hob approximately £40 yearly.

Three bed room house me and my dog.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

*Quote alan14
ßeta It's a little difficult to store electricity*

Blimey. I thought we had big batteries all over the place that we just used to charge up. We live and learn.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

passing through

10,342 elec, 31786 gas. I need to try and cut down on wastage by the seem of things.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Would the price come down if we had a sort of strike and never used the stuff for a couple of months?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Spam post FE informed

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

bumpkin

Wow. That is some usage.

The rest of the street aren't plugged into your supply, are they?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

UKfella's link is Spam FE informed

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Here are a couple of interesting sites to look at ?

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/hub/business-energy/energy/energy-production-and-consumption

On the overview tab then Final Consumption, shows total energy being Consumed over the recent years

The Changing Costs of Utility Prices in the UK

http://www.castlecover.co.uk/historic-home-utility-prices/

Select the Gas and Electricity tabs

Compare both charts and look at the usage trend v price over the recent years has a story to tell ?

Cheers HC

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

wiz-king, why is it spam? I used the link and found it helpful. Told me I already have the best deal.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

passing through

I can't understand why it is so high as I have a condensing boiler 4yrs old and most of my other stuff is fairly new and supposedly energy efficient even most of my lights are low energy. I put it down to laziness of those who don't pay the bills and can't be bothered to turn things off, my offspring.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...