We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New York from the air!

Flak999

Likes # 0

How about this for a stunning picture!

New York in stunning 360 degree detail!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Amazing photos.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I am not a fan of big cities yet New York has always been a bit special to me as it was the first place that I stayed at on my first ever trip abroad. It was early December 1969 and the company that I had just joined gave me 3 months training in the USA and granted me a 3 day layover in New York. I fell in love with the place immediately and now I make an effort to stop there whenever I am on my way to Texas to see my daughter. Broadway fascinates me, the Brooklyn Bridge is such a great feat of engineering and who would not want to see the skyline from the Rockefeller Centre. These pictures make me realise how much more there is to see of the place, thanks for posting the link.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've done the helicopter ride over Manhattan, it is certainly a stunning sight from the air, but not only from there - like chub_tor I love New York, there's something very special about the city.

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

My wife and I just love NY. We have just returned after 10 days amid all the Christmas lights etc! The pictures are superb! They keep me occupied for ages! Thanks for the link!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Like chub_tor I was in New York in 1969 on my many trips to South America. On one occasion there was something wrong and the airline had to do a few scenic flyover tours, with the pilot giving commentaries. The same applied to Ceylon (Sri Lanka),still remember those two special trips to this day, absolutely brilliant.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes