We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is John McCririck for real

SillBill

Likes # 0

The idiotic TicTac man seeks more personal publicity by launching a £3MILLION suit against Channel 4 because HE SAYS they fired him because of his age (72) kinda overlooks the fact that his childish posturing on the racing show reached the end of its Best By date years ago.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

SillBill, here's a link to your story [for non-racing fans]:-

from The Guardian

I think Big Mac's chances of winning his ageism case are 'double carpets', as several other bigname horse racing TV presenters also got the 'big hook'.

McCririck had a good run, but he's backing a loser here.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link, Aitchbee, from the 25 comments on that article the majority seem to detest the man even more than I do!

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I have met McCririck, one of the most big headed self centered obnoxious people I have have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

On a more serious note. Ageism is a problem. It is discrimination under the law. Know this at first hand when I had to fight to keep my job just before it became law. My employers, an education establishment which shall remain unnamed, wrote to apologise to me after the law was passed.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

He is a bit eccentric and there is nothing wrong with that.He just reacts differently to most others.

Just the way he lives his life and to old to change now.

Channel 4 Knew what like he was and that's why they hired him he has worked for them for a long time and now they have decided he is to old to do the work he gets paid for.

Not unless there was another reason of course.Not sure if there is a law out now which says you can work as long as you are fit to do so no matter what age you are.

Fair enough if they have made him redundant and pay him accordingly.Maybe he was self employed who knows.

I think Hughie Green lost a fortune taking the TV company he was working with to court only to loose the battle and appeals thereafter.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

What's the odds of him being the next mayor of London.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...double carpets ...33/1.

I'll miss Big Mac 'cos he did talk a lot of sense, his wife whom he referred to as 'The Booby', will be getting an earful at home, at the moment.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Did he have a contract? If not then they should have retired him when he was sixty five and made room for new blood. To me he's always been an ignorant nutter. Yes I too, have met him.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

H was a freelance on yearly contracts, Bing.alau and they should NEVER have hired that arrogant, sexist, money-mad idiot.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

He was a freelance on yearly contracts

In that case he really can't complain. Lots of people in similar situations don't get their contracts renewed. Its how things are in the industry.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer