We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Monopoly Tokens Get Revamped

Quickbeam
Resolved

Likes # 0

Which would you dump?

I voted to dump the top hat and introduce the robot, but the old boot is my first choice of play token.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

My first choice has always been the ship, being ex-merch, and I also voted for the robot. I am surprised that a token in the shape of a mobile phone wasn't included, not that I'm a great user, mine lives in the car and I have to scrape the moss off when, and if, I ever use it ;o}

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I forgot to mention I would dump the thimble, an item of great curiosity to many young uns!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It's against my nature to 'dump' anything useful, but I voted for the wheelbarrow ... but have inadvertently saved it instead!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The battleship has to go. They don't exist any more.

Like this post  
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"The battleship has to go. They don't exist any more."

After pondering over that statement for most of a restless night, it probably makes sense to just replace all the tokens with modern counterparts.

So replace the old Vanwall car with a modern Ferarri saloon, the thimble with a strip of 'the pill', the old boot with a trendy trainer, the Scottie dog with a macho Pitbull terrier, the dreadnaught with a frigate, the top hat with a tall knitted rasta reaggae hat, the flat iron with a cordless drill and the wheelbarrow with a mobility scooter.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I would dump the thimble, an item of great curiosity to many young uns!"

That seems to me to be an excellent reason for keeping it. This is change for change's sake, and is pointless, in my opinion.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

As someone who spent their early working years as a tailor I would not like to dump the flat iron or the thimble, despite it being a dressmakers thimble with the top in, but I would definitely like to dump the Scottie dog aa I have always found them to be yappy and not the most friendly of dogs.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I never imagined that thimbles were sexed for dressmakers and tailors!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...and after pondering some more in Morrisons, I suppose that the submarine should replace the battleship on account of both being capital class ships in their time.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

The counters in my Monopoly set are an Aston Martin DBS, Oddjob’s hat, Rosa Klebb's shoe, the Acrostar airplane, Lotus Esprit submarine and a 007 logo

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......