We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: Are you happy with the speed of your PC/Laptop?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

We want to know if you are you happy with the speed of your PC/Laptop?.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Are you happy with the speed of your PC/Laptop?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Yes.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I'm in the not really...camp.

Interestingly enough, it took about 40 seconds for the poll page to load, with messages at the bottom of the browser telling me 'waiting for (insert name of advertiser)'

But thats an internet thing.

As a local machine speed poll, I still think it's slow. But as long as it still works within reason I'm not going to give up on my 7 year old HP laptop. Every other year I have a huge backup, then fdisk, format and reinstall XP. From a clean install it's a flying machine, but after I've put in just the updates it mooches around like a dog that has eaten his masters slippers and just KNOWS it shouldnt have done it!

WTM

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Yes.

Like this post
alB*

Likes # 0

No for my PC and yes for my laptop, the pc seems to take ages to boot up these days and is not that responsive any more, mind you it is seven years old now, the new laptop is so much faster ...alB

Like this post
stevejellis

Likes # 0

I have answered 'Not Really' but this is in relation to my MacBook Pro i7 8gb Laptop. It is ridiculously slow at loading applications. For an i7 it is rubbish.

If I was to answer the same question about my Lenovo B560 Win 7 Pentium Dual Core 8gb, the answer would be 'Yes'. Brilliant machine.... why did I go Mac?

Anyone want a 4 month old i7 MacBook Pro?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes - for my Novatech i5 laptop.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Usually very quick using Virginmedia and any computer.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Is this a two-fold question?.

Speed of PC/Laptop or Internet Connection?.

Internet Connection: Best my ISP can provide, which I accept.

PC/Laptop: Fast enough for me, not into gaming.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Faster than the day the day I bought it - as I've added RAm and tweaked various things without actually overclocking.

so in one respect Yes

However it is a nearly eight year old machine so in another No

Maybe I'll get that i5 Chillblast I keep looking at and see what modern speed is all about.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers