We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which newspaper do you read and why

bumpkin

Likes # 0

I would like to know which newspapers other members read. I buy the Daily Mail but it is all doom and gloom. Aside from that it seems to be getting more like the Sun if you consider that to be a newspaper.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

From your comments it would seem that many of us prefer other media.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

If the drop between 2011-2012 in these stats Guardian continues then the future looks bleak for some papers.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Never heard of "i" can someone enlighten me please. Is this something new.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Is this the Independent renamed?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The i is a cheap concise version of the Independent BBC News 2010

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I (like many of my age group) read the Daily Mail (mainly for puzzles and health articles) - very different from on line version. I read the Sunday Times on Sundays.Please don't mock!!

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Why should I mock, as I said I read the Mail and also like the puzzles.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Buxton Advertiser. No point in spending on nationals.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

fm. Thanks for the link. I know many despise the Mail but I admit to reading it.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I have a newspaper app on my tablet that picks of feeds from just about everything except The Times, so I pick up bits and pieces from all over.

For proper reading I like the Guardian in the week, so will read more in-depth on their web page. If I'm off work and have time I'll buy a Guardian to read in the pub over lunch.

At weekends I usually by the Times & Sunday Times, I used to read the Observer but it's very low on content.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes