We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which newspaper do you read and why

bumpkin

Likes # 0

I would like to know which newspapers other members read. I buy the Daily Mail but it is all doom and gloom. Aside from that it seems to be getting more like the Sun if you consider that to be a newspaper.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I get my news via the web, mainly BBC News website.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't buy them, I only cadge other peoples cast offs if I read them, and I think that they just about all as bad as each other, pushing whichever bias appeals to they're target readers.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

I don't read any newspapers, I was put off them when Princess Di had her fatal accident.

I do on occassion look online, but always watch the 6 O'clock news when not at work. A bit of a Crocodile Dundee these days.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I read the local morning daily, the Dundee Courier.

I like a local slant like hatches, matches and despatches, and such news as, just a couple of weeks ago, that the inshore lifeboat had been launched because the town Christmas tree had blown into the harbour!

I had to give it up for a few years because of my eyesight, but they've just started a digital edition so I have renewed my acquaintance.

It's nice to be able to read about the benefit cuts on one page, and the local Sea Queen on the next.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

I admit to reading the Daily Mail online - or at least the comments to the articles. It's an eye-opener as to how some folks... think. I read the Guardian online as my main source of news, browsing through Google News for anything that takes my fancy. I get news feeds to my computer on subjects that interest me. Sunday morning I get the Sunday Times out of habit.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Read the digital edition of the Telegraph on my iPad.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I read various daily newspapers, depending on which neighbour purchases what?.

The Daily Mail and Sunday Times plus Observer were my newspaper doses, but normally now the Sun, due to it being advertised as the UK's best selling newspaper?.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I buy the Times and Sunday Times as a yearly subscription because it is a goodly bit cheaper and gives me a lot of extras on their web pages etc. Also they are a good read and have very good opinions. I also buy the Daily Express Mon to Fri, because I think it is better than the Daily Mail which I only buy on a Saturday mainly for the TV/Radio Guide for the ensuing week.

TonyV

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

When I can be bothered buying one, it's the "i" @ 20p a bargain.

Also got it on the Nexus, albeit the Independent by name - fire it up first thing in the morning and it's loaded and ready for the rest of the day - no internet connection needed again after it's loaded once.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Clearly the papers should be worried about their longterm future if no one here is reading them...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK