We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which newspaper do you read and why

bumpkin

Likes # 0

I would like to know which newspapers other members read. I buy the Daily Mail but it is all doom and gloom. Aside from that it seems to be getting more like the Sun if you consider that to be a newspaper.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Torygraph - news for the wife and cryptic crossword for me!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I used to buy the Guardian, then photocopy the cryptic crossword, so 4 of us [working in a big office/room] could tackle the cryptic crossword together.

I've 'went off' the Metro, lately, 'cos there's no TV Guide anymore.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Used to read the Times before it went behind the pay wall, now read the Telegraph on-line on a daily basis and also have a look at the same stories in the Guardian for a bit of balance.

I buy Saturdays Daily Mail, but only because I like their weekly TV listings magazine. I am very cynical about all that I read in the news media and treat most articles with a healthy dose of scepticism until I find them corroborated by multiple reputable sources.

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

Normally only buy Mail on Sunday for the financial section.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Torygraph, I take you mean Telegraph):-

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

[Way] before the internet, circa 1960's, our daily paper [The Scottish Daily Record] was delivered by 'George the Paperboy', usually at about 11pm. My Mum and Dad used to race each other to the back of the door to get first look at the 'Horse Racing Section'. Happy Days.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

I used to buy the Daily Mail to get me through my breaks at work, but I haven't bought any newspapers for a few years now. I browse the Mail Online most days, and the comments are often the best bits.

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

Same as Armchair. have not bought a newspaper for a few years, same with magazines. All the information you want is on the www.

The last mag I did buy was a PCA one, but unfortunately with the weird background colour and typeface it was virtually unreadable.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I don't read a newspaper on a regular basis, I rely on news feeds.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

As a long-time reader of Private Eye, I have given up on Newspapers but sometimes read the Telegraph, because of Family connections, otherwise getting my News Jag from Radio 4.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room