We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's that time of of the year [again] to get rid of your unwanted items ...

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

Are you having a clear-out?

Charity shops are a great place to find a bargain ... and your local bin area could suddenly be full of useful 'waste'.

Are you a recycler or a tosser?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I know what you mean. Our area has a local dump/recycling center and I am always surprised at some of the stuff that gets thrown out. Years ago it was possible to bung the staff a few quid to take back useful looking items. I myself paid a fiver for a more or less brand spanking new, lawn mower. The owner had dumped it because it wouldn't go. She had mowed the lawn when it was wet and the mower was bunged up with the stuff. For some reason she had also cut off the power cable. So after a good clean up and a new cable it went like a dream and I got many years use out of it before passing it on to my lad who had just bought a house and didn't have a lawn mower.

The staff don't do the passing on of stuff now though. Probably "elf and safety" again?

My daughter reckons our local dump is a better class than the one local to her. It's probably because a lot of the local footballers also live in the area.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...my girl-friend and I, mutually 'dumped' each other, but we are still [ECO] friendly; ... listening to Loudon Wainwright III - Album III, Attempted Moustache & Unrequited CD, has kept my pecker up ... no kiddin'.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...