We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's that time of of the year [again] to get rid of your unwanted items ...

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

Are you having a clear-out?

Charity shops are a great place to find a bargain ... and your local bin area could suddenly be full of useful 'waste'.

Are you a recycler or a tosser?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm a scoffer, I've never had a problem scoffing all the selection boxes before 12th night.

It might be unlucky if I don't!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Now common Aitchbee nobody is going to admit being a Tosser.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

This lady is of interest!! She benefits from tossers!

Furnish home from tip

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Jock1e - to be a tosser requires a cold-hearted disregard for stuff that might be useful 'at a later date'. So I can safetly say I am not a tosser ... but a recycler. It's in my bones!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

It's always fun doing an eBay search for "unwanted present" on Christmas morning.

In the last week I've bought two brand new Ralph Lauren shirts for about £10 each, both are genuine, unworn, and less than 10% of the retail cost

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I am. So far I have found in my 'spares' cupboard - 4 servers, 6 PC's, 10 inkjet printers, 1 dye sub printer, 5 CRT monitors and a few boxes of assorted leads, power blocks, keyboards and dead rodents. All will be going for recycleing.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

wiz-king - you said exactly the same thing last year ;o]

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

My definition of a tosser is somewhat different. I take it you meant a Tosser-outer? My bin is already full and it's not quite spring yet. It would probably be better to sell items on e-bay I suppose but I can't bring myself to do that. easier to chuck them out. The only Christmas presents I got were bottles of rum and I will be chucking them out/re-cycling when they are empty and certainly not before.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I have just returned from a visit to the local charity shop (Age UK) dropping off an assortment of unwanted Christmas gifts, from 2012 and years past. I found them whilst having a root around in my loft after putting the decorations away for another year.

It's amazing what you accumulate!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I suppose it all comes down to the area you live in, regarding names?.

In my area a 'tosser' is normally referred to as a person of stupidity or worse :O)

I like to refer to myself as a bit of a 'save this for another time' or infrequent recycler. Every Tuesday in my area is bin and recycling day, and outside my property is usually the location for a big pile of recycle bags from other neighbours for easy collection. Looking at the pile this morning, and what the bags contain, I am surprised that an 'independent recycler' hasn't taken the opportunity to have a sort out first. Kid's obsolete devices, electric fans, vacuum cleaner's, fish pond water pumps, but to name a few items that appear to be all there for disposal!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...