We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's Been A Nice Day Today

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just got back from a very enjoyable day out. Drove the fifteen or so miles to Liverpool Town centre. Bought tickets for the Philharmonic Hall in May when the Royal Marines Band will be there for the Battle of the Atlantic celebrations. (70 years ago). Then carried on to Otterspool Promenade for a long walk and a picnic on a bench overlooking North Wales and the Wirral peninsula. The weather was glorious and the sun quite warm, people were out waking, cycling and running and there was a general atmosphere of fun with lots of children on their new bikes and scooters etc.

Us poor pensioners know how to live it up!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Why such strong language in respect of onthelimit1, can't you take a joke!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Sorry FE.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Nontek. In a word "No".

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Bing.alau, I suppose it's the same as the myth of Liverpool being the Capital of north Wales. LOL. But was warmly given that name as years ago three Eisteddfods were held there and the population of Welsh people in Liverpool was high. It was also the nearest city that the then n Wales people could visit. I think John Lewis was a Taff that started there.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Thank you Nontek - I thought that on Speakers Corner jokey comments were expected, or even mandatory!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...