We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 806

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Probably the last one before I turn in. Another street scene.

click here

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Brumas,

Please read my Post in this Click here With reference to your Clue..

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Jock1e, If JB had been to Haworth, He would have known that there are No Houses along either side of Main Street, The Houses start at West Lane..

He couldn't find it on Google Click Click..

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

User1591, Well Done

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd, strong words, very strong words indeed, I think I shall let john bunyan answer for himself.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brumas

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Maybe had a few by that time of morning.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd

Quite right that I have not been to Hayworth. I , and most others I imagine, use Google as an aide. Not click click, whatever that is, but having been given a clue by Brumas re Yorkshire I searched on Old Yorkshire Street scenes and found he image to which Jock refers.In view of your unfounded suspicions I will refrain from participation for a while.Often I have scoured though hours of images so will catch up on other home matters.

User1501. Good work.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd, I believe you owe john bunyan an apology.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan,

I really hope that you will reconsider and carry on as before, your input would be sorely missed, and why spoil your Friday night's stimulating and enjoyable experience because of sour grapes!!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

john bunyan

I have to agree with Brumas just carry on as before.

The highlight of most Friday nights is not just identifying the correct destination of the photo.But identifying it before you makes it a even better.

No doubt your training in the forces put you one step ahead of most others but it is up to the others to try and catch up.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I too use Google and some other sites eg Francis Frith as an aid. What I do not do, and as agreed some time ago, is put the postcard into Google Images search which does become a form of cheating. None of the other regulars do it either. We cannot have visited every place on the cards and finding them is part of the fun. Some are better at this than others. john bunyan has been fortunate to have travelled around and has in the past and hopefully in the future provide us with insights and memories of places visited.

john bunyan please keep going and I hope that you have better news with your health this year.

As an aside I'm just wondering if I've ever got one that is in Yorkshire - I don't think so.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote