We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Londons newyear parade, did anybody go

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

We were in London and by chance heard about this parade. So waited. In my opinion some good floats etc but dreadful management of the parade. loads on big gaps between floats often upto 5 mins. the american marching bands were good and well presented by the remainder had scuffy hangers on strolling beind them and a lot of the bourough floats the people looked disintrested and scruffy..

what was your opinion.

reminded me of the carnival parades each town used to have but without the pride and presentation [except for the americans]

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I like a good parade, as long as it's Not In My Back Yard ...they [parades and marches] usually mean blocked-off roads and disruption to public transport.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

aitcbee, yes were were blocked off, the police let us cut though into te mall to get away. this parade could ave been so good it was suc a shabbles we left half way through.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my "h" not comimg out

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You have not seen a parade until you have been to Washington DC and firstly seen the Rolling Thunder motorcycle parade (around 250,000 motorcycles mostly Harleys) followed the day later by the National Memorial Parade.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

If I want to see a carnival parade, I'll just nip up the road to this: Bridgwater Carnival

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

That Carnival's historical references to the past is reminiscent of the marches that are now banned in other areas of the UK.

... " Once assembled, effigies of Guy Fawkes, the Pope and others who had upset the local population, were added to the flames. From early evening, hundreds of Squibs were ignited in the town centre and a night of merrymaking ensued until the early hours. "

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite