We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Its a wind up?

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

And it was, My mum who is 90 said the lamp she used in the kitchen diner for emergency’s was dim.

I said wind it up then, or pass it here and I will do it for you.

90 or not she has her wits about her and just looked at me and said want a cup of tea.

Two weeks passed and she said I wasn’t going to fall for that winding the lamp up to charge the battery. What batteries do I need.

You may have realized by now it was a wind up lamp, just like torches, and radios.

Amused us both.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

We can rope in john bunyan as the 'Sports and Leisure ' secretary, he'll be good at organising an outing/excursion as he knows most places ;o}

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

I'll rope in LHO to make the buttys.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

thats six already, a few more and we may have to create our own website. "Over 55 club"

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Settle down now gentlemen.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I think those father Christmas character posts were the FE's wind up...

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. How dare you suggest such a thing!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015