We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Its a wind up?

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

And it was, My mum who is 90 said the lamp she used in the kitchen diner for emergency’s was dim.

I said wind it up then, or pass it here and I will do it for you.

90 or not she has her wits about her and just looked at me and said want a cup of tea.

Two weeks passed and she said I wasn’t going to fall for that winding the lamp up to charge the battery. What batteries do I need.

You may have realized by now it was a wind up lamp, just like torches, and radios.

Amused us both.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Bagsy I treasurer

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

What are we going to call the club? How about "The Thick In'ted Club"? Hope Macscouse doesn't set the annual subs too high. I will be one of the members who never wants to be a committee member. Always have loads of them of course.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau, thought perhaps you'd take on the 'Drinks and Entertainment Secretary's job ;o}

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Call it Moggies - Miserable Old Gits!!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

How about OWLS - older,wiser,laidback survivors!!

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

We seem to have diversified somewhat from the clockwork torch but amusing replies.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Brumas. Never had one of those in any club I've belonged to. But I acshept the job. When do I shtart? Don't tell the FE. He will only wind the club up (Spoilsport).

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Club is a good idea but I think we need a few more members before we can make this global and become super rich.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

[Sir] Bing.alau ... are you a 'shaken ... not stirred' martini man ... by any chancshe?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, I am sure Bing.alau would enjoy a Martini but he has just found out that his money is superglued to the floor.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added