We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Good news for BBC F1 fans

interzone55

Likes # 0

Suzi Perry is presenting next season's BBC coverage after Jake Humphrey jumped ship.

BBC have still only got half the races live, but that does mean I can go the the local Stock Car races, then watch F1 when I get home

• Tags:
  • f1
Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 1

alan14

No, there are no adverts during racing laps - they tend to cut to short ads if the race has been red flagged, but they've never missed anything of consequence.

When the move of half the races to Sky was announced I was pretty annoyed, quite simply because the BBC had done such a fantastic job of coverage for the last couple of years, but Sky have really set a new benchmark. Even for the races that the BBC shows, I still watch the Sky coverage.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

OTT_B

Thanks, I'd still rather watch a race late than take out a Sky subscription, but if my local is showing any important races I may watch there if the racing is uninterrupted

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Sky also show all of the free practices, GP2

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

As long as it doesn't 'clash' with 'The Antiques Road Show', I'll give it 'the green light'.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

I was initially annoyed at Sky taking half the races, but having watched the coverage on Sky, I don't think Suzi Perry will be enough to tempt me back to the BBC.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

OTT_B

I don't have Sky, and have no wish to have a Sky subscription, so Suzi will keep me happy with the BBC coverage.

Do Sky show the whole race in full, or do they break for adverts just when something exciting is about to happen, like ITV used to do.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"Suzi will keep me happy"

Me too :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features