We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Money Laundering

Grey Goo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seems you may be able to really launder your banknotes if the Banks switch to Lego money.

flash your cash here

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I used this type of note in Australia and I think it is about time we used them here too.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have also used the Australian banknotes, in fact I have one on my desk right now, and I have to say I think it's a no-brainer; we should follow suit as soon as possible.

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Notes are fine as long as they stay in the pocket can be ironed (on low heat)afterward.

However once the note comes out of the pocket into the machine then it bits all over the rest of the washing.

:0)

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Used to have them in Northern Ireland a few years ago when local Northern Bank (now Danske Bank) was owned by National Australia Bank, they were popular and wore well.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'd like to see fivers replaced with a coin not a new note. The buying power of a fiver today is probable less than that of half a crown in the '60s, it's just small change, enough for fish & chips... just.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My Dad and my uncle worked at Shieldhall Sewage Works, near Govan, Glasgow [southside] they 'got lucky' sometimes, at the filter grills, when occasionally a tenner or a ten-bob-note got trapped on it's way-on-down to the coast. Plastic notes (money down the drain) will be easier to spot and recycle (after a hand rinse ... and cool iron).

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Question: Will they be easy to dispense from a cash machine?

Will the cash ATM's have to be adjusted?

How big will they be, do they take up more space in your wallet or less?

Why not just use a plastic card?

What about plastic coins?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015