We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another year is almost done...

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 1

and soon people will start heading off to spend Christmas with friends and relatives. That means it's time for me, on behalf of all of us at PCA, to wish all of you a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

We're approaching the end of our 12th year here, in the forum, and as ever I find myself wondering where all that time went. Without you all we wouldn't be here of course, and we want to thank you, yet again, for your continued help and support. Those of you who consistently offer help and advice in the various forum areas are amazing - you give freely of your time and expertise, and it's a pleasure working with you. Please keep it up - there are thousands of people out there who have reason to be grateful for what you do.

On a personal note I want to thank the small band of people who patrol the forum areas on a daily basis and notify me about spam posts. You have had a busy year, and I'm very grateful for those emails. There isn't time to acknowledge each one, and this is my chance to say a big thank you.

Our discussions in Speakers Corner don't seem to have set the world right yet, but let's keep trying. We have our ups and downs, but that's to be expected. You're a great bunch of people; please keep posting.

With our very best wishes and thanks,

FE and all at PCA

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

As the world has most definitely not ended may I add my belated greetings for a very happy Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year to all our members and to the overworked(?) staff at PCA.

My special thanks go to our esteemed Forum Editor, Peter, for his patience, diligence and fair play in keeping good order in the forums. Not an easy job by any means, as I'm sure you will agree.

Happy Holidays to everyone and all the best for 2013. :) TC.

Like this post
skeletal

Likes # 0

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all.

I haven’t posted for ages, but still occasionally drop by to lurk.

But now for a confession of an ulterior motive: I have tried four times, using two different computers, unsuccessfully, to post a new thread asking for help on a strange internet access problem I have. I thought I would try replying to an existing thread to see if my post would appear.

Skeletal

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

fourm member

"Get well soon and I hope you'll be back shortly."

And so say I - no apology necessary, morddwyd is part of the furniture, it isn't the same without him.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

skeletal

Hello again - it's good to hear from you. Where's your thread about your internet problem, did you get it posted?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I thought I had already posted to say "Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to one and all". But I must have imagined having done so. That's the memory going awry again. Anyway. All the best to everyone for always...

It's good to see some of the old names coming back on. Don't forget to have ago at the Friday night puzzle postcard by Brumas. It's a case of the more the merrier.

Like this post
skeletal

Likes # 0

No... the new thread has never appeared. Also, thanks for the offer of help via the private emails. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Skeletal

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau, your cheque is in the post ;o}

Like this post
hzhzhzhz

Likes # 0

Best wishes to everyone.

Nigel.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

fourm member

Thank you for your concern, it is much appreciated. The latest treatment did not work very well, but hopefully has at least slowed down the rate of deterioration.

So far as postings go, with another thread locked, the third or fourth this year, I have come to realise that my contributions are perhaps no longer up to the standard of the forum, (old age beginning to cloud my judgement?) so have decided to wind my neck in, so to speak.

I hope to still post from time to time if I have something factual to contribute, H&S for instance, but be more circumspect with the simple opinions.

Once again, thanks for your concern

Laurie

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

morddwyd All the best to you and your wife old pal. I sincerely hope that your condition stabilises and that you both enjoy a stress and pain-free Christmas and New Year.

As you won't be on so much does that mean I can put lots of obscure Welsh and Fife ILTPs on? By the time you answer this we shall be on our way to spend Christmas with our children in Preston so I will not be able to field your usually pithy retort until our return ;o}}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad