We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another year is almost done...

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 1

and soon people will start heading off to spend Christmas with friends and relatives. That means it's time for me, on behalf of all of us at PCA, to wish all of you a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

We're approaching the end of our 12th year here, in the forum, and as ever I find myself wondering where all that time went. Without you all we wouldn't be here of course, and we want to thank you, yet again, for your continued help and support. Those of you who consistently offer help and advice in the various forum areas are amazing - you give freely of your time and expertise, and it's a pleasure working with you. Please keep it up - there are thousands of people out there who have reason to be grateful for what you do.

On a personal note I want to thank the small band of people who patrol the forum areas on a daily basis and notify me about spam posts. You have had a busy year, and I'm very grateful for those emails. There isn't time to acknowledge each one, and this is my chance to say a big thank you.

Our discussions in Speakers Corner don't seem to have set the world right yet, but let's keep trying. We have our ups and downs, but that's to be expected. You're a great bunch of people; please keep posting.

With our very best wishes and thanks,

FE and all at PCA

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

The same to you FE and all at the Towers. I suspect that like me, most of us are looking forward to longer daylight hours etc. Summer holiday breaks and most of all our troops coming home from Afghanistan and other God forsaken places they shouldn't be.

As they say in dear Auld Ireland "God bless all here".

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Let me add my good wishes and compliments of the season to everybody here. We have some robust debates on this forum and disagreement goes with the territory, but by and large we all stay the course and keep coming back for more.

I particularly wish our Forum Editor a happy Christmas, he has to steer a difficult path moderating us all, it's no easy task I'm sure.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

May I too pass on the compliments of the season and best wishes for the coming New Year. Thanks to Speakers' Corner for putting up with my Friday Night puzzles and thanks to all who participate, I hope you all enjoy solving them as much as I do preparing them and fielding the responses.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I would also like to wish all at the Towers, FE, lurkers and posters a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Flak999

Thank you for your comment. We've crossed swords on more than one occasion, but I have always respected your ability to avoid making it personal. I hope we'll enjoy many more disagreements in the year to come!

Best wishes

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

Time has indeed passed by and I'm still here for another year!

So to everyone, a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful and healthy New Year.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 1

Merry Christmas Peter, Matt, Simon and all at PCA, and to all the forum members.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Can I add my felicitations to all who inhabit this particular corner of cyberspace. Happy Christmas and wishing you all a Healthy and Peaceful New Year.

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

All the best to everyone for Christmas and the New Year.

Like this post
alB*

Likes # 0

To all at "Head Office" and forum members old and new, may you all have a peaceful Christmas and a prosperous New Year ...alB

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers