We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Santa's little blackmailers.

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This brought a smile to my face this morning so thought I would pass it on.

"Children:pretend you are a banker by telling your parents that you will move abroad if you don't get the presents you want."

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Just tell them to give you a forwarding address, so you can send them a card.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

"Just tell them to give you a forwarding address, so you can send them a card."

LOL.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I was watching a program the other evening about being homeless, and in the program was a once very successful investor/banker who had moved to the USA to makes his fortunes. Which he did for a time, but he had to get a charity to fund his airline flight back to the UK, where he ended up living in a park outbuilding in Croydon, and getting a little food from an evening soup kitchen.

So it perhaps goes to show, things are not always rosy with moving abroad or anywhere else, no matter what you may think?.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Our grandson who is three has been playing up,so i phoned him pretending to be the big fella,told him you've been good so far but anymore of this anf i won't be callin. His dad said the look on his face was amazing,and he's mended his ways.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Our grandson who is three has been playing up,so I phoned him pretending to be the big fella,told him you've been good so far but anymore of this and I won't be callin. His dad said the look on his face was amazing,and he's mended his ways.

The politically correct would say what a bad man you are and that you have caused all-sorts of mental turmoil in the child. Still no worse than being told that if we did not go to sleep the bogie man would get us.Then us lying in bed terrified of every sound in the night. Ah the good old days.LOL.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Classic, Click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer