We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's Obviously the Pantomime Season

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Flood defences failed because flood sensors were waterlogged due to heavy rain!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-20731949

Now I would have thought that designers might have taken a damp operating environment into account when designing a flood sensor.

They obviously learned their engineering in a different college to me!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I mean't to say, I'll third that!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

It's just that some of the members are perfect, pity I can't include myself.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've had enough of this childish sniping, and of people desperately trying to claim that they didn't really say what is right there, in print.

morddwyd has admitted jumping to a conclusion, and good for him - it's something that every one of us has done at some point, and there's no shame in it.

With regret, and apologies to morddwyd, I'm locking the thread before somebody posts yet another snide remark about another forum user.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia