We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

So, was today special for you?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

We've all lived through a unique day in calendar history - 12/12/12

The next time three date numbers align will be the first of January 3001, and no doubt there'll be a thread about it then.

All of us will be long gone, as will our children, and their children, and their children, and their children, and their children... and so on.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

Truly sorry to hear about your experiences, but like you I find things are changing as to what we expect but don't seem to get.

But when we bring these subject up, we appear to be accused of moaning, and not accepting the necessary and required changes laid before you!.

Mentioning seating arrangements on trains, I saw a documentary the other week about such thing. Apparently there are very strict laws nowadays in the UK for animal transportation, but very little for the paying public.

Apologies for going off thread, but I had to have my unique daily moan.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Should have mentioned: "Well it is the 13th" unlucky for some :O)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

next big date 21/12/2012 for other reasons say the mayans

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Not like FE to get it wrong all the same.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

My birthday is easy to remember. I was born on the 3/3/30. A couple of years later and it could have been the 3/3/33.

(I could have had the nickname "Feathers" because there are firty farsand fevvers on a frushes froat) as the Cockneys used to sing I believe.

Why can't Cockneys be taught to put their tongue between their teeth when saying "Thirty" etc.?

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

At least on 12/12/12 both we and the yanks could get the dates right !

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Al94

"Not like FE to get it wrong all the same."

Thank you. Actually I took the information from a newspaper, and I can't remember which one now. If I had stopped to think for a moment,instead of rushing in to dinner when called for the umpteenth time I would have realised the error.

Thanks for the correction.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Fe

"The next time three date numbers align will be the first of January 3001, and no doubt there'll be a thread about it then".

I know that you are an eternal optimist but I am prepared to bet any sum with you that the human race will not survive until 3001.

Like this post  
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Whether it is 01/01/2101 or 01/01/3001 I would hope to be around - but then I am a reincarnationist....

Like this post
Algerian peter ™

Likes # 0

We had a public hanging.

All had a jolly good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuQBZoz4jLc

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...