We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

So, was today special for you?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

We've all lived through a unique day in calendar history - 12/12/12

The next time three date numbers align will be the first of January 3001, and no doubt there'll be a thread about it then.

All of us will be long gone, as will our children, and their children, and their children, and their children, and their children... and so on.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Hmmmmm...

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I should imagine Father Christmas will be still around, as concerned, and still reassuring the children of the 31st century of the magic of Christmas :o}

Like this post
N47.

Likes # 0

Was not 10/10/10 and 11/11/11 unique also?

We all lived through those dates.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

N47.

"Was not 10/10/10 and 11/11/11 unique also?"

Obviously they were, but that's not the point. Today was the last time - it will not happen again for another 990 years.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

At my age Every day is special!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

A unique day, I cannot even remember what happened yesterday, and tomorrow, I hope I can remember what I did today.

Must be an age thing?.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I wonder if there will be a thread about the 100+ billion global population that we didn't manage to control in the 21st century creeping further up the receding shoreline?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"We've all lived through a unique day"

" it will not happen again for another 990 years."

Then it ain't unique!

However, Gretna Green had its busiest day ever.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Special maybe,different yes. I spent 6 hours (return trip) on a train. Had to go to Leeds St James hospital from Edinburgh for an appointment/procedure (Video-fluoroscopy) which A: should have been carried out here in a Lothian NHS hospital and B: gave me information I should have had 3 years ago when there would have been a small chance of doing something about what is now a permanent disability.

So perhaps not special, educational most certainly. This was the first longish train journey in about 20 years and I was struck by the changes. Legroom because the seating has been altered is now minimal and I am only 5'10" overcrowding seems rife. I of course made a mistake of not reserving my seat so at any stop on the journey I could get asked to move.

There were many aspects of the day that were an eye-opener so yes I suppose it was kind of special.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

The next consecutive date is on 01/01/2101 not 3001

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...