We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why this desire to sort my Files?

wee eddie

Likes # 0

Windows does it with Libraries, My Camera's Software tries to do it every time I connect my Camera to the PC and every Picture Editing Package that I have downloaded wants to do it as well.

Now we have just had a complaint that the latest version of iTunes is doing it as well. Not even your Music Collection is safe from the rabid sorters

Why, oh why, do they have to treat us, the customers, as if we were so imbecilic that we are unable to create a filing system that we can find our own way around?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you see some of the computers where the user hasn't clue where they saved the file, has never backed it up then a file sorter is rather good.

Didn't find the new version of iTunes resorted my music. It is more difficult to get back to the iPad/iPhone from the iStore to where i want to be.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Then, market a File Sorter, give it away for free if you wish, but please do not start sorting my files every time I launch the program.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

Because we compartmentalise things in order to give order to our existence.!? just a thought.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

All software designers are just biding their time until they get selected for a safe parliamentary seat. They are just practising with running your life on computer until they can do it for real!!!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded