We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It has been brought to my attention that some people deny my existence.

Father Christmas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It's a busy time here at my North-Pole workshops,and the last thing I expected to have to do was register with a computer magazine web-site to deal with a report that people are saying I don't exist.

As you can all see, I'm very much alive,and working hard to get everything ready for the big night when as always I'll be delivering presents to children everywhere. I'm posting a message here to reassure all those boys and girls that - contrary to what some spoilsports might try to tell you - I'm real enough,and will be there without fail on Christmas Eve. Don't forget to leave a carrot or two for my reindeer, and if you fancy adding a small nip of something warming for me it will help keep out the winter chill.

Best wishes to you all for a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New year.

Father Christmas

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Please, please get back on track, this is the funniest thing I've read in ages!

Father Christmas - you know what I'd like to find in my stocking, don't you? Do you think you could transfer that wish directly into my chap's brain? I'd really appreciate it.

If you can do that, I promise I'll let him off sprout-peeling duty.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

Father Christmas,

Which is your favourite Christmassy song or carol? Any that really drive you off your sleigh and into the wilderness? You must get pretty tired of some of them... Noddy Holder shouting "It's Chrissmaaass" ?

And on that note, which female singer has made you weakest at the knees singing "Santa, baby"?

exdragon... F.C. may know, but we don't... ban your man from the interweb, and let us all in on the secret!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Father Christmas, I love your annual visit to my old house every year. It saves me paying for a chimney sweep, You have probably put on a bit more weight since last year too, so the tighter fit will clean it even better and maybe get in to the awkward corners as well. Thanks in advance.

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

Good morning everyone here, I must apologise for not joining you for a while, I really am extremely busy right now. The temperature here rose slightly over the past couple of days, but it's two o'clock in the morning now, and minus 28 degrees. We're working hard, and piling logs on the fires. I've taken a shirt break to respond to some of your messages.

To woodchip let me say that I wouldn't want anyone to take on a debt that they can't afford to repay, just because if Christmas. In my very long experience I've discovered that the thing all children want above anything else is a loving home. If they have that they will happily accept what presents come their way. Even quite young children can tell when their parents are unhappy or worried, and they will try hard to stop it if they can. I do what I do, but really it's up to all parents to try make the home happy first, and think about what they can spend after that. I feel sad when I hear of some parents spending large amounts they cannot afford, but I can do nothing about it.

exdragon

I do have some magic power, and I do know what you want to find in your stocking, but I'm afraid I don't have the power to put thoughts into your man's brain. I also know what he would like, but I can't put the thought into his brain either. If you're anything like Mrs. Christmas I imagine you're pretty good at getting what you want, one way or another. I suggest that you resort to the time-honoured method of dropping broad hints, and we'll see what we see, come Christmas eve.

bjh.

I like lots of different Christmas songs, but if I had to choose one it would undoubtedly be the carol 'Silent night', simply because I love the melody. It makes me feel calm and peaceful,and I play it for the reindeer just before we climb into the sky on Christmas eve.

I'm not sure I should be discussing female singers making me weak at the knees, so I'll maintain a dignified silence on that one.

Lastly, to Bing.alau

I'm afraid I don't climb down many chimneys nowadays - the modern ones are far too narrow, and most new houses don't have them anyway. There are a few, much older houses that have big, wide chimneys,and I pop down a few of them, just for old times' sake. Mostly I use my golden key to unlock doors or those sliding windows that lots pf people have now. You'll understand that I can't say too much about how I do it all, but I manage pretty well.

Goodbye for now - it's back to work for me. I'll probably look in again at some point over the next few hours; this internet forum thing gets quite addictive, doesn't it?

Best wishes to all.

Father Christmas

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Can I just wish you, Mrs. Christmas and all your hardworking helpers all the very best for Christmas and the New Year.

I am very sure that all our forum members really appreciate you taking the time to join us here.

Regards,

Sapins.

Like this post  
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

Sapins

Thank you for your good wishes, it's been a pleasure to join you all for a brief spell,and to see how you do things here.

We are now well into our final burst of hard work before the big day, and my spare moments will be few, so I will say a final farewell to all of you,and wish you,once again,a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

Look up on Christmas eve, and if the sky is clear you may catch a glimpse of us as we go about our business. Remind your children that I'll not appear until they are asleep.

Thank you for your hospitality here,and if you do get a chance to leave me any refreshment on the night it will be much appreciated.

Best wishes, and farewell until next time.

Father Christmas

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I still think someone at PCA is dressing up in a Santa guise in this thread...

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I wonder if the FE got his silver mouse from the same place as Santa got his golden key?

I also wonder if Santa sings Silent Night in German over German speaking countries, in French over French speaking countries etc. I like the German version myself, probably because I had to get up and sing it just prior to one Christmas years ago when I was learning the language, and our teacher gave me the task of learning it and singing it. I notice she never asked me sing again. (My German teacher was a nice lady but she used to say "I haf vays of making you sing").

I am also now wondering what Santa means by a shirt break. I suppose his underclothing does get a bit sticky in the tropics.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten