We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It has been brought to my attention that some people deny my existence.

Father Christmas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It's a busy time here at my North-Pole workshops,and the last thing I expected to have to do was register with a computer magazine web-site to deal with a report that people are saying I don't exist.

As you can all see, I'm very much alive,and working hard to get everything ready for the big night when as always I'll be delivering presents to children everywhere. I'm posting a message here to reassure all those boys and girls that - contrary to what some spoilsports might try to tell you - I'm real enough,and will be there without fail on Christmas Eve. Don't forget to leave a carrot or two for my reindeer, and if you fancy adding a small nip of something warming for me it will help keep out the winter chill.

Best wishes to you all for a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New year.

Father Christmas

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

Having spent an evening on the medicine,"magic"or otherwise,could i request you at least have a shave.

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

kad60

I need my beard to help keep my face warm -it's minus 26 degrees outside the toy store tonight, and it's snowing. By the time I get the sleigh up to 20,000 feet or so it's a lot colder, so the beard stays.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Dear Father Christmas

I am still very baffled about all this, because last Saturday in Loughborough, Leicestershire, they had their annual Santa Run, and over a thousand Santa's turned up, complete with white beards and red costumes. There were even a few Oh Oh's to be heard (before the bars got full).

Are all the other imposters or is it you?.

NB: And not a reindeer in sight, except our local deer's at Bradgate Park.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Come on spuds you know there is only one Father Christmas, the rest are impostors of course. I think this is a genuine thread from the good man himself and can't understand how anybody can think otherwise. Shame on you Quickbeam.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Just think, it will soon be Easter and we might even get a visit from the Easter Bunny, when he/she sees how successful the visit of Father Christmas has been.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I think that we will find the evidence at the beginning of January, when the forum editor puts a ban on the Christmas word till November.

Perhaps Santa might have to go into hibernation, or perhaps have a name change?.

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

"I think this is a genuine thread from the good man himself and can't understand how anybody can think otherwise."

It's good to hear from at least one person who realises the truth. Of course I'm the real Father Christmas - I should know, after all. There are traditionally lots of people who dress up to look like me at this time of the year, and I don't mind one little bit, as long as their intentions are good.

What lots of people don't understand is that if at all possible it's a good idea for all young children to have a little bit of magic in their lives from time to time. From what I see of your world it can be a rather grim place sometimes, and that means it's important that youngsters don't have to face the stark reality of life too soon, or all at once. Let them dream a little while they can, and who knows? Some of them may turn out to be better parents themselves as a result.

That's quite enough philosophising from me, it's time to go and check on how my hard-working helpers are doing - we'll all be working round the clock for the next two weeks, getting everything ready for the big night. I'm sure that lots of you have shopping to do, and I know that money is in short supply this year, so remember that you don't have to spend lots of money to have a happy Christmas, the happiness can come free if you're with friends and family.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Father Christmas

In common with others I wish you a warm welcome and the compliments of the season.

However, I must offer a word of warning for any posting made between the end of the current festive period and the 25th. November, 2013. The word 'Christmas' is forbidden by the controller of the silver mouse on this site for some ten months of the year and as a result your name may cause any posts during the 'off-season' to be locked or deleted. As a result, may I suggest you adopt a nom-de-plume during this period to avoid any difficulties.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Do you get a present Father Christmas? and can I ask what you actually do in the run up to the big day, are you hands on helping your little helpers or are you just in a supervisory roll and then the driver of the sleigh, and do you have GPS system on the sleigh? Sapins son aged very young.

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

So the teacher was WRONG!!!! He/she nearly ruined my Christmas after 70+ years of beliving. Phew!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK