We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It has been brought to my attention that some people deny my existence.

Father Christmas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It's a busy time here at my North-Pole workshops,and the last thing I expected to have to do was register with a computer magazine web-site to deal with a report that people are saying I don't exist.

As you can all see, I'm very much alive,and working hard to get everything ready for the big night when as always I'll be delivering presents to children everywhere. I'm posting a message here to reassure all those boys and girls that - contrary to what some spoilsports might try to tell you - I'm real enough,and will be there without fail on Christmas Eve. Don't forget to leave a carrot or two for my reindeer, and if you fancy adding a small nip of something warming for me it will help keep out the winter chill.

Best wishes to you all for a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New year.

Father Christmas

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 1

While you're here, Mr Christmas, could you tell me which gadget most children have been asking for this year?

(Also, any chance we can forget the whole 'mince pie' incident and get me taken off the naughty list?)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Always wanted to know, how do you get round the lack of chimneys in modern flats?

Oh and how are

Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen? Are they ready for the long flight around the world,if there is a world of course. May I draw your attention to the interesting premise that according to the ancient Mayans,the world will end on December the 21st effectively making you redundant.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

BOOO

Bah Humbug

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees

Bet you're on the naughty list but FC will bring you a humbug if you ask nicely in your letter.

By the way "He's behind you"

:0)

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

I have been getting a lot of letters asking me for mobile phones and tablet computers, and one little girl has asked for princess palace with built-in prison cell where she could lock up her brother. I don't think I'll be delivering that present.

As for the mince pie incident, my elves managed to get the stains out, so I've decided that yes, you can come off the naughty list now.

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

The lack of chimneys doesn't bother me - I have a magic golden key that unlocks any door.

The reindeer are just fine, thank-you, if a little impatient to get going. I feed them a special diet in the two weeks before Christmas eve, so they are very fit, and well able to make the trip.

I can't say much about the Mayas and their prophesy - I don't trouble myself about such things, but I think I can safely say that I'll never be redundant.

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees

Does that "BOOO Bah Humbug" mean that you would like me to ignore the letter you sent me, begging me for a new PS3 to replace the one you broke when you had that tantrum about turning it off when it was bed-time?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Father Christmas

Let me wish you a belated welcome to our forum.

It's good of you to spare the time to join us when you must be rushed off your feet with preparations for your annual trip. Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can do - like banning anyone who still can't accept that you're a real person.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

Dear Father Christmas,

I don't believe there really is a Forum Editor! I think Matt Egan made him up, so we would all behave. Do I not get any presents at Christmas if I refuse to believe in this imaginary editor and his so-called "silver mouse"?

If you land on our roof this year, could you please mind yourself on the weathervane. I think, from the red cloth left behind last year, it might have caused your clothing - or you - some damage.

I'll leave something out for you anyway; however, as I'm an adult, and invariably naughty, I'm quite expecting to be missed off your list. Again.

Cheers.

B

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE You forgot to add, "Don't show up on this forum prior to the middle of December every year".

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide