We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It has been brought to my attention that some people deny my existence.

Father Christmas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It's a busy time here at my North-Pole workshops,and the last thing I expected to have to do was register with a computer magazine web-site to deal with a report that people are saying I don't exist.

As you can all see, I'm very much alive,and working hard to get everything ready for the big night when as always I'll be delivering presents to children everywhere. I'm posting a message here to reassure all those boys and girls that - contrary to what some spoilsports might try to tell you - I'm real enough,and will be there without fail on Christmas Eve. Don't forget to leave a carrot or two for my reindeer, and if you fancy adding a small nip of something warming for me it will help keep out the winter chill.

Best wishes to you all for a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New year.

Father Christmas

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Not even as Father X.

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

bjh.

Thank you for your message. I can't really settle your doubts about the existence of your Forum Editor and his silver mouse - whatever that might be.

What I can say, if it helps, is that it's never a good idea to abandon the ability to suspend disbelief occasionally. Human beings need a little fantasy in their lives now and again. I think your Forum Editor probably is a real person, otherwise your forum might have ceased to exist long ago, as so many do, when people are just allowed to say whatever they like.

I don't know who you are of course, so I can't promise anything with regard to your weather vane; I see an awful lot of them in my travels, and my clothes are in a bit of a state when I get home, what with clambering around on so many rooftops and so on.

Nobody is missed off my list if I know about them, and if you're worried you (or your children) can always email me a last-minute request. Everyone who does that will get a personal reply from Santa Claus.Your Forum Editor has kindly offered to pass your emails on to me, so just let him have your message and your email address.

Have a good Christmas

Best wishes,

Father Christmas

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Dear Father Christmas

You have got me completely baffled now, one of our local stores had you in attendance at 2.01pm today, until later this evening, yet here you are writing to a computer magazine.

Would this be magic on your part, or possibly a borrowed laptop and that new fangled wifi thingy?.

Like this post
Father Christmas

Likes # 0

spuds

At this time of year I'm on the go right around the clock. Assuming that your local store is in the UK my appearance there was at 6:00 a.m. North Pole time. I'm writing this on my magic computer in the spare sleigh - the one I use to travel in before Christmas eve. The pre-Christmas reindeer team is almost as fast as the elite team, so there's no problem; a bit of magic, and we're fine.

All of us - reindeer and me - have magic medicine to help combat what you call jetlag as we move between time zones, but we've been doing it for so long now it's hardly needed.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I also use magic medicine to combat all kinds of stress as well as Jet Lag. It is commonly referred to as a "Dark and Stormy". I will share one with you when you come down the chimney this year. But you can forget about the mince pies, I don't like them. As they are not sold singly, they would probably go to waste as I can't see you eating more than one per house. Drive carefully up there, the skies are filling up with more traffic than ever.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I believe Tinker Bell and her friends have the same problem.

Her case is slightly worse than yours in that she can actually die from it.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Best thread for ages!

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Dear Santa,

I wouldn't dare to say that Father Christmas doesn't exist. I've had welcome visits from you each year for ages now but never been awake when you called. Looking forward to you coming again this year, so keep up the good work and drive carefully, won't you. Noddy the Bobby is on patrol already!

On a personal note, what is Mrs Santa getting this year? :) TC.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Dear Santa,

Last year my little brother, every day of 58 years old, sneakily hung a stocking at the end of my bed and I woke in the morning to find this phantasm of tissue paper, chocolate and Alka Seltzer Tablets crushing the blood out of my feet.

Now, I am a well known grouch and your Filing System must have got things seriously out of kilter, because, I not only didn't want it, I didn't deserve it either.

So, this year, please put the potential contents of my stocking into that of some other, more deserving, person. Perhaps that of someone who used to be known as China.

Eddie

aka Uncle Scrooge's Second Cousin!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Dear Father Christmas

Will you please bring Bingalau a new syrup this year as he needs protection for his poor old bonce, if you could manage to find a one in ginger that would be a bonus ;o}

Regards

Brumas

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow