We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Teacher tells pupils santa does not exist - then apologises.

woody

Likes # 0

How can any one spoil this for children - especially from one in the teaching profession?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Spuds

I thougt that Jews, Christians and Muslims believe in the same God but fight each other and within their groupings over details of various prophets etc. If He exists, I wonder what He (or She) makes of it all.

In Holland they have Sinta Claus, who comes eariler (5th Dec) with his Moorish (maybe Muslim?) helper - Zwart Piet (rather non PC Black Peter! So even in the Father Christmas world there is rivalry. I believe that the date of Christmas was chosen to coincide with the old Pagan Yueltide so things are alittle confused all round.

See Zwart">http://">Zwart Piet

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Zwart piet (try link again)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

In Germany The Weihnachtsman doesn't come to naughty children I believe. Their celebration days are different too. All the presents are opened the night before Christmas. That probably is a wise move too.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"All the presents are opened the night before Christmas"

Well that's it then, no more surprises of an orange and/or apple on Christmas day, and for the very few lucky ones, possibly a cowboy outfit or Dinky toy :O(

(The above is meant for the older forum users, who may have remembered it well?)

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

john bunyan, i thought the minstrels were banned.? Also depicting a person as "Black Peter" is racist,so the pc crowd would say.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

"Spuds"- an orange and/or apple on Christmas day.

You were posh - I did believe but it did no good!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I will have to have a word with my dentist - he's still dishing out those miniature envelopes for the Tooth Fairy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added