We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 789

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Celebrating what and where exactly?

click here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

From the Fortnum and Mason van, London - A street like Piccadilly or Regent Street. Maybe end of WW2? (A first guess)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan, Good Call, it is London.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Could be the Coronation of George VI, or the Festival of Britain.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The birth of a member of the Royal Family circa 1948 in London's Pall Mall.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I'm with Macscouse in thinking the coronation in 1936. The cars look to be about that era.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I would think any Londoner would spot where exactly from the shop names etc. As I have a song playing at this moment which ends "She sits with me, and drinks her tea, which tickles them to death" I will guess at a banking area "Throgmorton street is a name which has suddenly materialised in my mind but I am wondering if I have made it up.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I also agree with Macscouse. Coronation 1937 (not '36)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I think it will be practically impossible to work out , from the decorations, exactly what was being celebrated so I will enlighten you all - King George V Silver Jubilee.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

jb

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. Looks like my memory is already condemned. Maybe I am getting mixed up with the opening of the Mersey tunnel.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Now that you have told us when, how about where exactly?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...