We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nurse that took the Hoax call from Australia is found dead.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

The Nurse that took the Hoax call from Australia is found dead.

It is not known how she died yet but if it was due to the hoax call from 2 Australian D js they have a lot to answer to.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I don't think we can assume the nurse intended to take her own life until this is established and equally, if she did intend it, we can't assume the reasons why.

Let's wait for the inquest rather than speculate.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

According to the news tonight Scotland yard have been in touch with the Australian Police and according to the same news it is illegal in Australia to tape a phone conversation unless all parties agree with it.

I am sure the last part is the same law as in the UK.

As far as I know the culprits of the joke are in hiding and are being hounded by the press,I am sure we wish them no harm and that they have learned by there mistake so not likely to do the same again.

There maybe a law against what they did but if not maybe it is a good time to have one.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

The DJ's seemingly did nothing wrong and something that dozens of DJ's have done in this country for years.

It is the radio station itself and in particular their legal advisors who okayed the broadcast who have questions to answer.

It is tragic that the nurse has died but as yet we do not know the circumstances of her death however big a firestorm the media creates around this.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I think that we have this as example (Case Law) to follow, although these two should not be punished quite as hard as they are definitely not quite as bright as RB & JR.

Russell Brand & Jonathan Ross

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

bremner

[something that dozens of DJ's have done in this country for years.]

Have to agree with you on that one.

Like you say we don't know the full story yet only time will tell.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

The DJs are now being paraded for the world's sick pleasure.

More emphasis should be placed, imo, on the procedures of the hospital.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Reading this, it looks as though Jacintha simply passed the incoming call to the Duchess' room where it was taken by her private nurse. Am I wrong?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

HondaMan

I think the call would have been passed to a nurse's station on the floor - not directly to the room. Katherine wouldn't have had her own private nurse, she would have been attended to by the duty nurses on each shift.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

I didn't realise that nurses answered phone calls first, haven't they got a switchboard?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Probably have a switchboard but not sure if it would be manned at 5.30 in the morning.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...