We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nurse that took the Hoax call from Australia is found dead.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

The Nurse that took the Hoax call from Australia is found dead.

It is not known how she died yet but if it was due to the hoax call from 2 Australian D js they have a lot to answer to.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Should have added this from the BBC.

Hoax call

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

A tragic turn of events - difficult not to pre judge what has happened here and the pranksters now have a lot to live with

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You can listen to the prank call from here.

prank call

What started off as a prank has ended up a bit of a disaster ending with the premature death of one of our nurses.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

The radio station concerned still think it's funny enough to have it at the top of their home page http://www.2dayfm.com.au/ Highly inappropriate although I note they are getting deluged with adverse comments.

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

What a shame for the poor nurse and her family, friends and colleagues. A seemingly practical joke has turned into a tragedy.

This sort of thing has happened before with DJ's doing this sort of prank, albeit without the tragic end result. I would of thought that when a member of the royal family was admitted to hospital, they would of had their own staff deal with enquiries as to their well being. I am surprised that a young nurse has had to take the calls regarding the health of one of our royal family.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

forum member

I was assuming Sky was correct.Like you I thought that it would have been to early to tell.

I can only assume that she must have left a note.

al's left peg

You are right it has happened before from Australia but cant blame them alone I am sure it has been done by persons from the Uk in similar jobs.

A couple of names come to mind but I am not 100% sure.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Oops the Sky report.

Sky Report

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

al's left peg

Nurse Jacintha Saldanha only answered the phone, then passed the call to the Duchess's room, where her personal nurse answered the enquiry.

She answered the phone because it was 5:30am and there was no reception cover.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

None of you have any idea how or why the Nurse died.

"'difficult not to pre judge what has happened'

But, it is essential."

That is just stupid. Not only do you have no idea how she died but, there is no way the pranksters could have foreseen that someone could have died two days later, nor any reason they should have considered the possibility. Prank phonecalls have been a part of radio for decades.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

We used to get these calls on BBC Radio Merseyside but they were stopped a long time ago because of the potential damage they could do. Well done BBC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow