We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it possible to be more stupid? Well is it?

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Yesterday I decided to wall mount a 6 gang extension lead in the bedroom. I removed the plugs which were inserted and unscrewed the face plate so I could mark the screw hole. Can you figure out what I missed, a pretty essential step I think you will find. Yep, I did not remove the extension lead plug from the wall socket.

So it came as no surprise when I got an electric shock,thats a lie because it did come as a surprise.LOL. Oddly though it was not particularly painful and I am sure I remember electric shocks being painful. Perhaps pain lessens in response to the stupidity involved.

So guys this is my story of stupidity Tell me yours

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

If it's confession time........

Remind me to tell you about the time a doctor thought I had killed her elderly Chinese patient on a flight into Hong Kong.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. Can you tell us what happened on that flight in to Hong-Kong please? You have whetted our curiosity.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

A collection of Aircrew Officers were waiting to go on a monthly Station Parade, they noticed that an unpopular Medical Officer had parked his new car in the Ambulance Garage. It was a small Ford. Just for fun they lifted the car up and turned it across the garage then came the order - Fall in the Officers.

After the parade everyone disappeared on, what was laughingly called, a long weekend.

Poor Doc finished his rounds and was presented with a problem; they had to call out the Guard, the Fire Picquet, the Defaulters, the Police and any idle stragglers to put things right.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I used to earn myself "beer" money buying/selling electrical items.I bought a 12V mobile CB radio very cheaply,& sold it on for a small profit only for the new owner to return a little while later insisting I'd sold him a dud unit.I was highly amused by his explanation of how he'd got home,plugged it in & it hadnt worked.When I removed the cover,there was a hole the size of a 50p piece in the circuit board as 240V mains doesnt make 12V equipment function to well.

I also bought a colour TV that worked,but the picture was poor as the various "guns" were slightly out of alignment,so whipped off the back of the TV & could see three little adjusters on the circuit board attached to the back of the tube and proceeded to twiddle each adjuster whilst watching the picture.This meant using an outstretched arm so was very careful to look where my hand was heading before looking at the picture as the rear of a TV (CRT) carries lethal voltages,but constantly twisting about was starting to strain my neck so I stupidly tried to "feel" my way to the adjuster.The resulting shock from touching the rear of the tube itself threw me from one side of the room to the other whilst also cartwheeling & my head was stopped dead by the doorframe.I had a lump on my head similar to a cartoon character (egg shaped) and have never worked on a TV since.That TV was unplugged,& taken to the dump.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Yes it possible to be more stupid.

Just nipped out to the ATM and buy my morning paper. Always have the MP3 player plugged into my ears if when walking. Withdrew some cash popped into the newsagents to get the paper, removed one earpeice to hear.if anything, the girl behind the counter said. Walked out of the shop and fumbled around for the earpeice to stick it back into my ear.Could not find it and was just about to remove my jacket when low and behold i found it.

Yes it was in my ear all the time. I think they call this sort of behavior a senior moment or worse.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...