We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hearing Aid and somtimes unusual behaviour

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Recently my hearing aid has had periods where it keeps making unusual beeps and they seem to be in the form of something akin to morse code. I realised this morning that it only happens when I am sat in front of my computer. Has anybody got any theories as to why this happens. I will ask next time I go to the audio section of the hospital for more batteries or a check up. Meanwhile I suspect it may be because of the wi-fi. Normally it only makes a noise when it requires a battery change.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It would help if you could note the beeps.

4 short = heart attack (System Timer Failure)

Repeating short beeps = Hungry (Power supply or system board problem)

1 long, 2 short = eyesight going ( Display problem)

2 Short Beeps = Losing your memory (Your computer has memory problems)

5 Short Beeps = Your knackered (Your motherboard has a problem)

Hope these help.LOL.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Bing.alau

It sounds like wireless interference. I used to have a wireless door bell and everytime a car went past, with its radio on the bell would ring. I can't tell you how many times I had to go down the stairs to the front door before I twigged what was happening!

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Chronus/Graphicool1 Thanks for the laugh and the info. I think it has got to be some sort of radio interference but wondered if any other hearing aid wearer has experienced it? I have sometimes had the same thing happen when in my back garden and think maybe it is next door's wi-fi. I know I can log in to his if he gave me his password.

At first I thought it was the battery running down, but then it happened the day after I had changed one so that theory was dead in the water.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Here you go, this may be of some interest to you...CLICK HERE

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I like the bit about not swimming with your hearing aid in. I take mine out if I am in the rain and stick it in my pocket. Hearing aids come in handy if you happen to get somewhere noisy such as where discos are blaring out. Then you can also remove them and stick them in your pocket.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Bingalau - I've told you before, Grandad. It's your teeth you should soak at night, not your hearing aid!

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

This reminds me of a particle joke I once played on a new dental nurse in the surgery adjacent to my laboratory. I chose a gentleman’s name for who I had recently made a partial denture with chrome metal framework & clasps. I phoned the surgery and explained that since having the partial metal denture, whenever I put a fork in my mouth I would get radio 1 on my hearing aid, radio 2 with a knife and radio 4 with a spoon.

She totally fell for it and made me an appointment with the senior partner.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Normally when you start getting bleeps, its an indicator to battery or power supply problems, and shouldn't really be due to outside electronic interferences. Normally a replacement (possibly refurbished) unit will be supplied, and new tubes fitted.

What I would suggest is that you try and have a word with your hearing aid department, about consulting an hearing scientist (if they have one?) whose work load might be high at times.

I have two digital hearing aids which never seemed to work right, that was until I sought the help of the hearing scientist, who found that the aids had not been set-up correctly, on the many occasions that they should have been by other members of the hearing aid staff. I was also informed about problems that I had suspected, but had never been told about. That information was a total gem to hear about and have it fully explained in detail.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September