We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Different stages of happiness as the years pass by

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone who knows me will agree that through my life I've always had a cheery word or genuine smile for anyone I get into conversation with. I find it difficult to be miserable, even in my advanced years, and try my best to cheer up anyone so-called down in the dumps. Sometimes more than not a friendly approach is appreciated by the recipients but, I readily admit, not everyone succumbs to my charms! :)

That's why I tend to not agree with most of these findings but I suppose it's true when they say "it takes all sorts to make a world" which naturally does nothing to alleviate the traumas of living some unfortunate people endure. No amount of cheer will help those poor souls. TC.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Happy I've made it to this age

still working on becoming a GOG (grumpy old g..)

:0)

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

TopCat I agree with you. Up to fairly recently I was in telephone contact with two old friends, I had known them for over sixty years.

I had to brace myself to call one of them , he had many problems but always seemed miserable and nothing in life was right and never would be. After the calls I always felt miserable as well.

On the other hand calling the other chap was a delight, although he was in dire straits with health problems and had been for many years, he never ever complained and was always complimentary about the help that he received. After every call I was the one feeling better and I was pleased to be told by his family, at his funeral, that my calls helped him.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Today, the wife of a neighbour of mine, the latter of whom I've known on very friendly talking terms for about ten years mainly thru' chit-chat about plants 'n' growing things from seeds etc. HE has recently had a chunk of his lung removed because of cancer, by chance, bumped into me this morning.She said I should call in and have a 'natter' with him (next week, when he comes out of hospital) to try and cheer him up a bit.

I said yes, I'll do that.

I felt some happiness that she asked me to visit her sickly husband, she smiled when I said yes.

Happiness is a very fleeting thing.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Happiness is waking up, reading a friends obit., and thinking, "That's another b** I've outlived"!

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

morddwyd. Guilty as charged.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...