We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are you having a street party to congratulate the Royal couple?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

I saw a newspaper article that described the news as introducing a shaft of light as the year's golden glow was fading.

I'm sure that - like me - you're all too excited to think straight at the moment.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

It's simply amazing news. A women gets pregnant. Well-I-never....

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Sorry, but Ha Ha Ha LoL ....

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Err, nope, and whats with the FE showing cynicism in public?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The full 9 month term for a ban will be needed on this one, there won't be a day now without the papers finding two or three pages to pad the rags out!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I was wondering why she is in hospital for this complaint? I thought maybe she had caught this vomiting bug which is supposed to be prevalent at the moment. It seems it is highly contagious and we are advised not to go to hospital so it can't be that, can it? So it must be normal "morning sickness" which no doubt everybody's wife has been through. I've never heard of anyone going to hospital with it though. No doubt some of the ladies on the forum will tell me otherwise. Looking at her, there seems nothing wrong that a good bowl of Scouse wouldn't cure.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I must add that it does seem a good reason/excuse for a street party. Can we come to yours FE? I'll bring a bottle of Pussers.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - It's not normal morning sickness but what she has can be serious.

Back to the thread - there's far too much hype about this.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Kate is suffering from Hyperemesis gravidarum, which is a rare and potentially dangerous form of the 'morning sickness' that women often experience in the early months of a pregnancy.

The dangers are dehydration, nutritional deficiencies, and weight loss - sufferers commonly lose 10% of their body weight. A trip to hospital is a normal procedure - the condition can be very dangerous if not treated promptly.

Kate must be feeling dreadful, and my cynicism wasn't directed at her - she seems to be a nice enough person, and your first child is always a big thrill. I just can't bear the way the media go into hyper-drive within hours of these announcements.

Like this post  
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

FE

I'm sure that - like me - you're all too excited to think straight at the moment.

Oh god, that means that reporters are all going to be roaming round the village again trying to find 'real country yokels' to say how wonderful it is that their betters have done their duty and secured the succession. No doubt they'd also like a photo of us tugging our forelocks, as well....sigh, it's going to be the wedding all over again. Still the new landlord at The Bladebone will be happy

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It's 66/1 Kate has twins with red hair ... that looks a good bet!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks