We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are you having a street party to congratulate the Royal couple?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

I saw a newspaper article that described the news as introducing a shaft of light as the year's golden glow was fading.

I'm sure that - like me - you're all too excited to think straight at the moment.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The powers-that-be who sell glossy magazines that are readily available in every supermarket and newsagents up-and-down-the-land, will (no doubt) already be designing / setting up / re-arranging the [magazine] racks that display all of of the latest 'soap news' and 'tittle-tattle' ... The Royal Couple ... and baby makes Three, will be laughing all the way to the Delivery Room ... 'cos their mugs will be hard to miss! [Do They Get Paid Royalties?]

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I think that with an 8 week pregnancy and an unwell mother, any celebrations are somewhat premature.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

My post was very much tongue firmly in the cheek FE.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

When people stop being sheep the shepherds will stop...well...shepherding.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

The Mail paper version today had the first 14 pages devoted to this news. The number of trees that the newsprint industry must have used on Diana, and now on this matter is incredible. OK a page or two for a day or two but I am already bored with it.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I've been listening to this on the radio through the day, especially a piece about the copndition that I found interesting on radio 2's jeremy vine show, but kept coming back to two thoughts.

1- I know its a major thing in the royal family etc, but whatever happened to medical confidentiality?

2- I wonder how long it will be before someone tries to take a picture of the girl in her hospital bed and flog it to the foreign tabloids?

WTM

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't blame the papers.

It's our (yes all of us!) insatiable appetite for this sort of trivia which sells papers.

If we, the great British public, stopped reading it they wouldn't print it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

morddwyd

(yes all of us) No! not me for sure!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...don't blame me either.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

fm, I always take an interest in 'major events' of this nature ... as I invariably put a few bob each-way on their outcome(s) ;o]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer