We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: If you use Windows 8 on your PC or laptop, do you use Metro apps?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

If you use Windows 8 on your PC or laptop, do you use Metro apps?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: If you use Windows 8 on your PC or laptop, do you use Metro apps?

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 1

There should be another choice that says 'XP is good enough for me!' and see how many votes you get for that choice!

WTM

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

"Metro"

Naughty naughty PC Advisor!!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I've had a play with them, I suppose that they'll become more used as W8 becomes the norm and I look at it the same way as phone interfaces. At the moment I still see it as a windows interface and drift back to the traditional desktop to do anything.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

WTM

Maybe all future polls should have a luddite option...?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Incidentally I put W7 onto my old XP netbook after putting W8 on my main computer.

The difference is as alike to replacing the drive train from a '60s Atkinson with one from a modern day DAF XF.

You can't stop evolution, whatever your environment:)

Like this post
User6895

Likes # 0

Where is there a "I don't have windows 8" option?

Additionally, surely the "I use them all the time" implies that those people never use the desktop mode?

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

User6895

The point of the poll is to find out whether people like and use Metro style apps, not whether people use Windows 8 or not. That however makes using Windows 8 a prerequisite. People voting 'I don't use Windows 8' does not add any useful information in this regard.

Like this post
User6895

Likes # 0

Hi D@ve

Typo on my behalf- I intended to write why rather than where.

Like this post
User8662

Likes # 0

Yes I use the live tiles and like windows 8. It just takes a little getting used to.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...