We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAS

flycatcher1

Likes # 0

I see that one Judge got it wrong and then three Judges got it right.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

flycatcher1

That's interesting -any chance of a link to the information?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

And another item from the telegraph - "Three in four criminals found with a gun escape prison "

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

flycatcher1

"Words fail me", but does it really, because I assume by your comments that having a D-Notice served on yourself, you have perhaps clearly stated how you are well aware how the system can and does work on occasions, and the public are not aware of this, or ever will be?.

There are on many occasions, and history as shown this,when discussions are taken behind closed doors, and the results of those meetings can effect a person's life for the foreseeable future. Yet some will still insist that they know all the facts, usually based on reading a media report, and then claim or insist justice as been served - the verdict was right!.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

FE

With reference to your December 1 2012 @ 1.04pm post.

" As things stand I fail to see how he will explain away the fact of the gun being at his home".

He as tried to explain this fact, as others have also tried to explain this, as they see that fit or that fact. The fact is, that some quarter's are not accepting this.

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, knowing the fully facts and how the systems might work, can bring a whole different light on the subject, and not one via a media report. In this particular case there are a number of agendas, and I think the new revelation is only just the beginning. But what would I know!.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spuds

"He as tried to explain this fact, as others have also tried to explain this, as they see that fit or that fact. The fact is, that some quarter's are not accepting this."

This is going around and around.

You can't 'explain' why an illegal firearm is found in your possession - it's either there or it isn't, and if it is you have committed an offence. As I've said - repeatedly - this man pleaded guilty, and you don't plead guilty to a crime if you are innocent, no matter what advice you might be given to the contrary.

What you're doing is attempting to infer that in some way this man is innocent of the crime because there were extenuating circumstances. If there were, they might have been considered as mitigating when the judge considered his sentence, and that is certainly why the appeal judges reduced it. It still doesn't alter the fact of the man's guilt however, no matter what you might say about "a number of agendas"

What are these agendas,and who is running them, and what are these revelations you mention?

You say "I have mentioned in earlier posts, knowing the fully facts and how the systems might work, can bring a whole different light on the subject," but you don't know the full facts yourself, so what 'whole different light' are you talking about?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have watched this posting going in ever decreasing circles. Where it will finally end up is in the lap of the Gods.

However: The Courts have a Tried & Tested way of dealing with such problems, it's called the [b]"Suspended Sentence"[/b]

e.g. If you done the crime, say "Murdered your Spouse, a mercy killing because he/she was dieing a horrible slow lingering death from some ghastly disease" and you pleaded Guilty because you done it to take him/her out of their misery and at their request.

You got a 5/10/15 year Suspended Sentence, which meant that, so long as you didn't knock off your next spouse or commit some other heinous crime, you were in the clear.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

FE

You have clearly stated

" You don't plead guilty to a crime if you are innocent, no matter what advice you might be given to the contrary"

My answer to that is very simple, that comment is utter nonsense, because it truly shows how much lack of knowledge you have of the system. Try talking to anyone in the legal profession, media or visit a courtroom, and see and hear how some of the verdicts are reached, it might be an eye opener.

I am not being judge or jury on this particular person. Regarding agendas, I would think that flycatcher1 recent observations might suggest this. You seemed to be interested in getting the news to that new report. Nobody tries to silence someone, in whatever form or manner, unless there is a purpose?.

I am not an expert or fortune teller, but I bet there is more to this story than what as been released so far, and I think I mentioned that in an earlier posting. Watch this space so they say!.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spuds

"...it truly shows how much lack of knowledge you have of the system"

My wife's cousin is a High Court Judge, spuds, and two of my brothers have been police officers for many years. I probably know a good deal more about the system than you do.

The simple fact is that no matter how much you might think otherwise, no truly innocent person in his or her right mind pleads guilty to being in possession of an illegal firearm. Would you do it, if you knew your hands were clean? Of course you wouldn't, so please don't say I'm talking nonsense.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

spuds I was not the subject of a D Notice but I was at a Service Function that was going to be given maximum newspaper publicity when it all went wrong.

A D Notice was raised we all made a compulsory cash contribution and were all lectured about our behaviour. Even the loss of some Tirpitz memorabilia was investigated.

One of the best parties I ever attended.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...