We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: How do you secure your mobile phone?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

We want to know how do you secure your mobile phone?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How do you secure your mobile phone?

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

I use the 4-digit pin code on my iPhone, but principally because it is a work phone and anyone who wished to could access lots of info via the email (and delete forum threads...)

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Most of the time it is witched off and in a drawer at home. When going on a long journey it is in the car and switched off. At other times - in use - it is either in the house or in the car with the latter stationary and the engine off.

Added to that it is a Pay as you go 'phone with little on it!!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Old flip top Sony Ericson on PAYG so no one wants to nick it :0)

Wife's phone even older (Nokia 6110) has suddenly become more valuable appears to now be "retro" as far as the kids are concerned. ???

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Considering that I am still using my favourite mobile called a Motorola Savvy/Talkabout/T180, which was purchased in January 2001 from Link with a Cellnet connection, then security is the least of my worries :O)

And to top it all, I can still obtain replacement batteries rather easy for this model, not like some more recent mobile telephone purchases that I have made.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

On the subject of 'retro' (or antique??) 'phones, do the old Phillips Savvy models have any followers? I have three, not used for years, and a charger - maybe two. I even have the original box fore one of them!!

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I also use the four digit pin security code on my iphone, I also have the "find my iphone" app installed so that if it is lost or stolen I can track it, lock it or wipe it's contents.

I think this type of security is necessary particularly for smart phones which can have online banking and credit card apps installed.

Like this post
diesel

Likes # 0

At the moment it has about £3.50 credit on it. It cost about £20 when new. So it really is not one of major priorities.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Wife's phone even older (Nokia 6110) has suddenly become more valuable appears to now be "retro" as far as the kids are concerned. ???"

There must be a limit to how cool retro can be...

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"There must be a limit to how retro can be..."

To me, a nice shade of blue does the trick :O)

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

With a touch screen phone it's only sensible to have some kind of lock to prevent mis-dialling whilst in your pocket.

My main security measure is to keep it in my trouser pocket rather than on the table when in the pub...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September