We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: How do you secure your mobile phone?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

We want to know how do you secure your mobile phone?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How do you secure your mobile phone?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I had a phone with that finger swipe routine but that only worked when it felt like it. Or if you had dad a bacon roll or something greasy then my finger might not describe the unlock shape very precisely.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I keep it in my trouser pocket.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I thought that this would be asking about things like Prey and Findmyphone.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

At £25 a pop and a £15 PAYG sim its not worth the hassle. I also use the 'leave it on my desk' mode as we are not allowed mobile phones in my laboratory.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I have a PAYG mobile and carry it in case of an emergency. Outside of that, I don't switch it on. If anyone wants to contact me, then they can use the landline or email me.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm afraid to admit that I have never locked a phone, or used any other security measures.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm surprised that only 12% are admitting that it's too much bother to bother with bothersome procedures that usually result in a missed call.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Quickbeam - with my phone you don't have to use the security features to access an incoming call so you don't miss it unless you are slow getting your phone out of your pocket as I am from time to time.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I'm the same as Graphicool1. Except that I carry mine only in my car and fully charged through the "cigar lighter" I wonder if there really is anybody these days who lights their cigars from such a device.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

The cigar lighter is now known as the auxiliary power socket. But it can also still be used for lighting one's Havana with the lighter element which is now an optional extra as are ashtrays...:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...