We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fantasy Christmas...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Get your Hobbit feet dusted off and look for a cinema near you that allows you to light up your finest South Farthing pipe weed in your clay pipes to enjoy it with the greatest realistic experience...:)

An Unexpected Journey

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...I hopes they keepses those big HOBBITs posters up in them BUS SHELTERS [in Glasgow] lit-up for a coupla' weekses or so, so as I can get some decent 'schnapps' of 'em with my little hobbit digital camera ... GOLLUM!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

How could Peter Jackson [hobbit-man-director], fail to include Old Tom Bombadil in any of his BLOCKBUSTERS ... he was a merry fellow, bright blue his jacket was and his boots were yellow.

Bombadil peeped inside trees and befriended badgers as well ... so why the knockback, Peter?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Tom Bombadil was dropped because that chapter wasn't necessary to the main story line, and he would have come over as a singing buffoon to the modern audience.

There was enough material to have had a fourth 3 hour film made out of the Grey Havens ending, but he plumped for a simple happy ever after ending when the ring was destroyed.

I am wondering how he makes The Hobbit into 3 films bearing in mind it'a a fairly short book, I hope it does't get padded out just to make 3 average Christmas blockbusters instead of one brilliant one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days