We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are you braced for more rain?

Graham*

Likes # 0

I've been bracing myself for rain since Friday, when I was advised to brace myself. I've been braced against the fridge for two days now. Will we be told when we can stop bracing?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Bing.alau I can't resist it - - - Quickbeams has some tins of tomatoes - he might let you have one for emergencies.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps Mother Nature brings reality back to us mere mortals from time to time as a wake up call?.

Where I live, we have had constant rain over a few days and a few other mishaps, but perhaps nothing like some areas are having. In the area are a canal and river, and both of these have overflowed, and effected the areas surrounding them, making the odd road impassable. A neighbour of ours owns a number of fields, which he keeps quite a number of horses on, and the other day he had to get a number of volunteers to help move some of the horses from higher ground that they were seeking refuge, to more suitable locations rather urgently.

One other thing came to notice yesterday, was the fact that the local large out of town supermarket type complex had roads built on an higher level than the buildings. Now became obvious that the planner's and builder's had perhaps thought of this as a necessary water barrier at the time, for years to come, and perhaps climate change. It as certainly helped this time!.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

wiz-king. They are no good unless accompanied by fried bacon, I've no intention of starting a fry-up anywhere on the M5. I will ask Macscouse for advice on surviving in all weathers. He's used to it as the LHO chucks him out when he's naughty.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Whilst on the subject of braces. I recently had trouble with obtaining decent ones. The clip on type, no matter how expensive or how strong they were supposed to be, just kept shooting off at the most inopportune times and modern trousers do not have buttons.

However I discovered by googling, a site called "Perry Suspenders" and I have to report that their product is brilliant. Instead of clipping on to the trousers they clip on to your belt. I now feel secure when out at a posh doo in my dinner suit. A good alternative item for your wardrobe.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

There then that proves it, best to use - belt and braces. Hope Graham*'s taking note ;-)

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

The nearest river, the Rother, would have to rise some 35 meters to reach me in S20 4SN.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Bingalau - I'm only bad when the weather is good! LHO hasn't twigged on yet.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Macscouse. I suppose when she chucks you out then you make your way to the nearest pub? Then she follows you there and hits you with your dinner. You Scousers are all the same. (She must have picked up some of the habits).

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

More rain? I wish!

While we've had a fair bit it seems to have fallen mostly at night, and I amfed up to the back teeth with wall to wall sunshine.

It makes my sight problems worse, particularly at this time of the year, and the house curtains are forever drawn, and I have to remember my Ray Bans even to go to the front door!

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Do what I do and live at the top of a hill.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer