We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will he ever get to the top of the pile

tryanothername

Likes # 0

or is he resinged never to fullfill his destiny.

At the age of 64 and his mother could last another 15 years if she lasts as long as her mother.

would you take it on

Like this post
Algerian peter ™

Likes # 0

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

If it wasn't for the fact that it would muck things up for William I would far rather see the crown go to Anne. I know that would cause all sorts of constitutional problems, but thats just the way I feel.

WTM

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I think he would have been a little more subtle.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Doesn't it just emphasise just how pointless institutions of monarchy are in the 21st century?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Charles, your time is gonna come ... make sure one comes out fightin', 'n' also make sure one keeps one's hands outta one's pockets at all times ... 'cos you were born to be King.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Charles is too damaged as a result of the whole Diana saga to deserve to be King. HMQ knows this and will hold on as long as possible. The nation would largely accept William but not his father who would do the monarchy untold harm. He should accept that he is happy to be with Camilla (presumably) and let it pass a generation.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Charles is too damaged as a result of the whole Diana saga to deserve to be King."

That's a bit harsh.

He's not the first man to be bamboozled by a blonde bimbo when he was too young to know better.. After all, most of the country was fooled too.

Not reason to be stripped of his heritage though.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I don't believe he was "bamboozled by a blonde bimbo" If anything it was the other way round.

Diana was innocent at the outset and was used as suitable breeding material then cast aside when her role was fulfilled and she looked for the fulfilment she wasn't getting from Charles who was still longing to be with Camilla.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Diana was innocent at the outset "

We'll have to disagree on this one, like I said, she fooled most of the country, including me initially.

I personally don't think that Diana so much a5 blinked without first calculating what was in it for Diana.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

FM

"The problem comes if the non-political figurehead forgets that is his role and thinks he has useful opinions." That'll rule Chaz out then.

Sixty four years in the waiting, sixty four years of prime upkeep costs, sixty four years of wasted preparation posibly all for naught and you say "we don't really have the structure for an executive president", we've had sixty four wasted years to plan an alternative.

UP THE REVOLUTION I SAY!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...