We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does being a member of UKIP make you a racist?

hssutton

Likes # 0

Does being a member of UKIP make you a racist or support racist policies?

It would appear that certain people in my old home town would think so. Really pleased I left that area many years ago.

Telegraph Report

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I am not a supporter of the "multicultural society" as it stands at present.

I am not racist or a bigot. I have a major problem with, for example, eastern Europeans who have flooded into the area I live in. The crime rates have risen dramatically, the local papers are full of cases each week where the are knifing each other, driving with no insurance or mot and often in excess of 3 times the alcohol limit. They have poached the duck population from the local lakes to feed themselves and they are bleeding the benefits system. That is just one group. If being against this is racist - then so be it.

What I am in favour of is controlled immigration where the immigrant. in advance, demonstrates that there is a need for them to be here, a job available where the required skills set can be met and they have proven means to support themselves initially and can speak the language amongst other criteria.

I am totally against the decision taken by this council. It appears these people were good foster parents and this is simply not an acceptable reason for taking the children away.

I have some sympathy with the views of Farage but still view him as an opportunistic wild card. Nevertheless as time goes by I can see a much higher level of support for UKIP or at least for its ideals.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

" thank goodness someone like him is never going to be in a position of sufficient power to be able to put his misguided policies into action"

"Never" is a long time.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

A194. My feelings exactly.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

morddwyd

"Never" is a long time."

It is, but I have immense faith in the innate commonsense of the British electorate. UKIP is a disorganised party. It's only real asset is its leader, not because of his political brilliance, or his far-sighted thinking,and his workable policies, for he has none of these attributes. His appeal is in the fact that he excels at rhetoric; he knows that he is unlikely ever to be asked to make good on the promises he trots out at the drop of a hat. In short, he is the opportunistic wild card described by Al94.

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

FE your UKIP description mirrors my own thoughts on the Lib Dems, maybe he has a slim chance of running things after all.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

the Judge mentioned was quoted as saying that" the council had not been looking after the childrens cultural and ethnic needs " . Seeing that these children are of eastern european origin , having carers that are affiliated to a "racist " party fits in with there cultural and ethnic needs , bearing in mind the Bosnian/Croatian/serbian conflicts , and the general intolerence to eithnic minorities in eastern europe ?

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

"It is, but I have immense faith in the innate commonsense of the British electorate."

Lol. I'm glad you do, but not I. Not when the likes of Tony Blair got voted in twice.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

michaelw

"Lol. I'm glad you do, but not I. Not when the likes of Tony Blair got voted in twice."

That's because you think that your personal view is the commonsense one. Lots of other people obviously disagreed with you.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Now that this thread seems to have come more into a political party's discussion, I seem to recall when Jenkin's et al, left their previous long standing commitments to another party so as to form a party 'that the people wanted' called Liberal Democrats!.

Like all political party's, the agenda is usually based on a promise that never really materialises, leading to the public on the whole (not necessary party faithfulls) feeling that they are being conned again?.

At once upon a time, anyone with the thoughts about being a Communist was treated with utter contempt, and is possibly still is today. Then we have the likes of BNIP and all its offshoots, past and present, who are being chastised for their possible believes. Yet at the same time we hear about freedom and democracy, when it suits various people and organisations the most.

Funny old world really, isn't it?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features