We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does being a member of UKIP make you a racist?

hssutton

Likes # 0

Does being a member of UKIP make you a racist or support racist policies?

It would appear that certain people in my old home town would think so. Really pleased I left that area many years ago.

Telegraph Report

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Political (In)Correctness rearing its' ugly head again! Totally bonkers IMHO.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Having watched two reports on TV, it would appear the Council is acting in a racist manner by stating the couple may only foster white children. Perhaps a case for the Council to consider whether Joyce Thacker (Director of Children and Young People's Services) is acting in a manner commensurate with the welfare of all children in her care.

As Nontek indicates above, politics have no place in the job being considered.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

People can belong to a political party without endorsing all of it's policy's but it appears that this council do not believe in any body having any political views but it's own.

And since when does the membership of a political party make you incapable of showing concern about another human being.

The thought police are here, god help us.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Anyone who expresses the slightest concern about the rate of immigration is automatically a racist.

Stands to reason.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

morddwyd I'm in total agreement with you and any body who disagrees is or must be racist and should be flogged with a Cat o' nine tails.

Or is that just abusing a cat with a surplus of tails.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

The corruptions of power.!!

Wonder if she knows that "it takes one to know one".

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

UKIP is a recognised political party, do they not have an MP in parliament, they have quite a number of town councillors.

Their views are somewhat to the right of the Tories and I recall a newspaper article recently that the Tory party are getting worried about some supporters transferring their allegiance to UKIP.

Are we to assume a proportion of tories are racist, possibly some but you can't tar all members of a political party with the same brush.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

As far as I am concerned whoever is responsible, for this idiotic decision, needs to be, at the very least, asked to resign.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

As far as I am concerned whoever is responsible, for this idiotic decision, needs to be, at the very least, asked to resign.

Don't be silly, this is a council we are talking about here and they are bound to have a 'pseudo intellectual' reasoning on how they reached their decision.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

It would appear from the latest news that Rotherham Council are now poised for a U-Turn. After the universal criticism I would guess they have no option.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia