We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blimey - don't know what they've done, but.....

onthelimit1

Likes # 0

This site is going faster than I've ever seen it before.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It is back to normal this morning for me.Might have been all the bad weather and floods that was causing the problems last night.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE Thanks - noted.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Slow as old boots yesterday on Chrome. Speedy Gonzales today.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Over the last week or so when accessing this site on my iPad I have regularly had to give up due to freezes and long page load times. Something I do not get on my iMac in Safari where the site is pretty quick.

I have noticed today that in my History I have many many entries "(no title)" that all occur when on the site.

This is the start of the address

http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/adTagInfo. it continues with tens more characters referencing Speakers Corner. Each move between pages seems to produce 3 of these history entries.

Any ideas why this is so?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Blocking Ads?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Doubt that adblocking is taking place on the iPad.

bremner - I'm not getting slow loading on this site on my iPad using Safari. It isn't as quick as on my desktop with Chrome. I also get the Toshiba ad several times on the iPad. What I do find is that you sometimes have to click on a link to a thread a few times before it will work and if you are not careful it thinks that you have double tapped for a zoom!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I get the same no title entries.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I have found the same.

The point i was making was that this is a new issue that has started recently, highlighted by the (no title) history entries.. I have never had blistering performance on the iPad bhecause of the Ads and not being able to use an Ad blocker but nothing as bad as this before.

I hope by highlighting it the techies may be ableto do something to improve things.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

bremner - I think I've found a solution which seems not only to speed up site loading on this site but also get rid of the no title entries. In settings for Safari turn off JavaScript. This of course could have an impact on other sites.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Thanks will give it a try

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......