We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blimey - don't know what they've done, but.....

onthelimit1

Likes # 0

This site is going faster than I've ever seen it before.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Unusually, whizzing along for me too - Firefox on Linux Mint.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Still blindingly fast this morning on Chrome. Bit slower on IE though.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Quick on IE, faster on Chrome.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

But they are still making me log-on every time I post.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Been very slow for me for months now. Needs the patience of a saint to come here.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Same here. Would log me out intermittently.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

May I say, PCA website is still 'wizzing along on the crest of a wave' [on dial-up connection]. No problems at all in the last month or so.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

flycatcher1

"But they are still making me log-on every time I post."

No, were not. If that's happening there's something wrong at your end - either you haven't ticked the box to stay logged in, or your browser is clearing the cookie cache each time you close it, or the browser settings are not allowing the cookie to be set in the first place.

Once our cookie has been set it will log you in automatically until it is deleted by the browser, or by something else, like Ccleaner for instance.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rickf

The site is running very fast at the moment, and has been doing so for weeks now. We know that because we run analysers that show us how people are requesting pages on a minute by minute basis in realtime - I can watch site users come and go, and see which pages are being requested.

All web sites run slower at times, but it's usually for a short while, and for specific reasons. In our case we see minor slow-downs when we are experiencing very heavy traffic loads for specific news articles and reviews - the recent launches by Apple are a case in point.

Our forum traffic actually represents a very small percentage of overall site traffic - most of it goes to the content elsewhere.

If you still experience slow loading contact me by email and I'll try to help resolve any issues at your end. Let me know about your connection speed, and what your geographic location is. We can try a couple of things that may help.

Like this post
Pepper9

Likes # 0

Must say that this morning mine is now back up to what I would expect - much faster than yesterday!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite