We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Penalty Shoot Outs, what would you want to see to be fair.

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Penalty shoot outs, I hate that in football and it needs changing teams slog there way to the top and are given a penalty if they draw after extra time.

I reckon the ball should be moved back a further five yards, and the teams all twelve on each side should try and score and then it wouldn't fall on one mans shoulders. Call it(Team shoot out)

What would you like to see different rather than the penalty shoot out.

Maybe opinions have been done before in this forum I cant remember.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Dont have them - make the poor little dears play till they drop in more extra time.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

As the whole of the Televised Football is a Moneymaking racket, I suggest the instead of a Penalty Shoot-out, the two Club Chairman sit either side of a table and the one that offers the biggest bribe gets the points.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Reconfigure the penalty shoot-out so it ALWAYS takes place BEFORE the actual match ... and in the event of a draw after 90 minutes, the team that scored the most pre-match penalties, wins the match and full points.

Like this post  
Blackhat

Likes # 0

How about the penalty shoot out first and if there is a draw play non stop until one team has 3 more goals than the other. That way you could get big events like the world cup over in just a couple of days.

Totally non commercial idea but take the mad money out of the game for a few years and get back to a realistic sport. Football (like many other sports) is completely governed by the money, that 90 minute thing on a piece of grass only exists now to justify the monies.

Just Grandstand on a Saturday afternoon and stadiums full. Average wages for players and decent ticket prices. By average wage I mean UK you and me.

Yes I am no fan of football, haven’t watched a game for more than 20 years, never been to a match and never will.

Rant over (tongue in cheek). Aitchbee, you beet me to the shoot out first while I was typing this.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I think that the pre-Match Shoot-out is a marvellous idea.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Toss a coin.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

When we were kids playing in the park, we used to go on playing until one team scored. They were the winners. They now call it the Golden Goal. To my mind the fittest team should always win, but of course that will not necessarily happen. Of course there would have to be adjustments for the extra time in case a player had been sent off in normal time etc. But during extra time no subs allowed, no stopping play or changing ends, just carry on until one side scores.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

How about the losing team just doesn't get paid.

WTM

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

WTM - In which case my local team would not have been paid for some weeks. Sounds a good idea - it might wake them up!

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Must admit I like Aitchbee idea, shoot out before the match.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...