We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How ridiuclous can you get

Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Evidently they are considering passing a law to ban teenagers carrying passengers who are not part of their family. How many thousands are still driving around texting and talking on their mobile this would be yet another unenforcable law

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

You are far more likly to get into trouble with too much power than not get out of trouble with too little.

I don't agree that it is a red herring but it would be interesting to see the supporting evidence, I am not aware of any proper studies.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

If they did pass it as a law then they would have to pass another, currently they can only ask a driver for proof of Identification by requiring him or her to produce their driving licence they have no power to do thatto passsengers so if they say those 2 are my brothers and he's my half brother the police would have to let them go.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

" (it actually took some effort to not say log book) "

It wouldn't have mattered if you did, your meaning was clear!

(What, me? Have a dig at someone? As if I would!)

Given the political will the death rate could be loered at a stroke, simply by increasing the age at which you can get a licence.

However a start might be banning under 21 year olds with 6 points (to allow fot one minor indiscretion) until they re-take their test, this test not to be taken until after their 21st birthday.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

morddwyd *" It wouldn't have mattered if you did, your meaning was clear!"*

Which is more than can be said about your 'stupid law' statement, a clear 'meaning' for which you still haven't produced!! (My spade can be as big as your spade!). <(:-0)>

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

morddwyd

It's about as stupid as the law which says learner drivers must display L plates and be supervised.

Learner drivers have to have a driver accompany them to guide and to assist if required. L Planes are displayed to warn other drivers that that a novices driver is in charge and to be prepared to make allowances

I am mystified by your comment, please explain what is stupid about either of these requirements.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Namtas "You are far more likly to get into trouble with too much power than not get out of trouble with too little."

A study University of Leeds see page 9. I am aware that you are referring to accelerate out of trouble but you should be aware that it advised that drivers take a course before driving some of the more powerful sports type cars.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

namtas - don't you mean a P plate?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

fourm member, My new car is a "VW up!" top of the range job. I love it because it is frugal on juice and it is also capable of cruising on the motorway at the maximum speed allowed. But in normal everyday driving I have noticed that it is as good as any car on the road at accelerating when necessary. For the "petrol heads" out there, the engine is 1 litre, 75 PS. 3 cylinder. I have no idea what the maximum speed is, but I am sure some youngster could easily find out the hard way.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

I was replying to morddwyd comments which related to L Plates

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

Woolwell

A study University of Leeds see page 9.

I don't think there references are very inspiring, do you?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow